As the most reliable and reputable bail bond agency in the Triangle Area of North Carolina (Durham, Raleigh, and Wake County), our goal is ensuring the quick release (from jail) of the clients we represent. Not only do we understand the needs of those clients, Amistad Bail Bonds understands how this can be very traumatic for their family members, loved ones, and even their personal friends. Consequently, our service is dedicated to providing our clients the most considerate and dependable service possible.
Let’s face it. The last thing you expect to hear is a member of your family or close friend calling you from jail and asking you for help. Unfortunately, consumers today have to be aware of bail bond fraud and scams that do plague this very reputable and necessary industry. Believe it or not, there are individuals who will call individuals and inform them that their child or spouse has been arrested and can be released from jail if money is wired to them.
Although you may want to help immediately, you should consider the following important tips before taking any action:
- First and foremost, bail agencies and bondsmen DO NOT solicit business – in other words, you will NEVER receive a phone call like the one mentioned above from a licensed, reputable bail bond company and/or agent. Typically, it is the individual who has been arrested that will most likely be calling you.
- Do some quick research if a bail agent contacts you to ensure their legitimacy – individuals posing as bond agents or bondsmen will illegally obtain booking information in order to solicit money from you.
- Always complete a bondsman’s paperwork before paying or wiring any money – you need to understand all the details and information involved so call the agent or bondsman in order to find out exactly what is going on with the person who has been arrested.
- If a family member or personal friend contacts you, make sure it really is them that has called asking for your help – either call them back or text them to ensure that they indeed contacted you. If they do not respond, then contact another family member to verify it was them.
- Do not fall for the “cheap bail bonds” offer – this is another common scam. Some may offer a higher percentage than what is legal. Amistad Bail Bonds can advertise down payments as low as 4%. However, we cannot charge a flat rate that is lower than 15%.
- Bail agents and bondsmen cannot solicit business from any jail – there are laws in the state of North Carolina stipulating how bail agents or bondsmen can solicit business. Individuals will ignore these laws and attempt to solicit business when they are not allowed to do so.
It is important to know who you are speaking with where the above issues are concerned. The professionals at Amistad Bail Bonds are diligent and reliable. But most important, they are trustworthy. Don’t fall for these fraudulent bail bond activities! Call us today to speak with one of our licensed professionals before you become a victim.